Sunday 15 September 2013

Perpustakaan Kota Yogyakarta


As student, it’s important to be aware of knowledge sources around us. Haha. In my place, there’s city library! If you’re in Jogja, it’s located in south Gramedia bookstore, Kotabaru. The place is not very big yet comfortable enough. I used to come here every week -well not every week juga sih.

The ground floor offers a various collection from novel to heavy books. Even you can find books written in foreign language too. They have quiet many genres here like handycraft tutorial, gardening tutorial, social, politics, science, medical, engineering, and many others. Yet you can’t find chemical engineering textbook here, gadjah mada chemical engineering library is still the best one to find such collections. Hehehe.




Outside, people used to hang out for free wifi. Yet don’t worry if you don’t bring your own laptop, few sets of computer are available in the second floor. Talking about second floor, i really love it there. You may find an enourmous collection of high quality encyclopedia, children book, and magazine. I really really admire the encyclopedia, the content and layout are awesome. Here’s one of my favorites, the Story of Phylosophy. Unlike phylosophy subject in my department, this one is really interesting. Totemo omoshiroi! Last time I checked, I spent two hours there only to read this encyclopedia. I never can get enough of it. I may tell you what’s inside it in the next post. Hehehe.


Fancy layouting and illustrations

So, yesterday was Library Visit Day (well, I planned to post this on that day yet guess I failed, hiks)! Every visitors got a doorprize coupon. It’s nice that they tried to attract many visitors. In this internet era which most people love to read news on internet, library is left behind. Yet the information in book is more realiable that the one you get from internet. So, let’s read book more often, shall we? Hehehe.

my coupon


By the way, it’s very easy to be a member here. Just fill the registration form and collect copy of your identity and photo as well. You can borrow maximum two books for a week and it’s FREE! The library has offered many friendly services and facilities.  Let’s visit city library, yeay!

Library makes us happy! :)

For official web of Perpustakaan Kota Yogyakarta >> click here

No comments:

Post a Comment